Friday, April 20, 2012

Philz Mint Mojito Iced Coffee

My friends Marko and Sarah can officially move out of Berkeley because I now know how to replicate the BEST coffee drink I have ever had!

Philz Coffee's  Mint Mojito Iced Coffee has ALOT of fresh mint leaves and a really frothy creamy consistency.  Philz Coffee is known for their "one cup at a time" philosophy - they brew all their drinks one cup at a time and will custom blend a coffee to your preferences.  They have several locations around San Francisco and the South/East Bay.  Now they just need one in OC/LA.

While I patiently wait for my next trip to NorCal, I decided to make my own.

All you need is 3 ingredients:
 - Fresh Organic Mint
- 1/3 cup Cold Espresso
- 1/4 Natural Bliss Creamer in Sweet Cream flavor


Note : While Philz uses coffee, I like espresso, specifically Lavazza Rosa.  My boyfriend brews ALOT of it using a Bialetti stovetop espresso maker and then stores it in this handy jug.  Then I can just take some espresso, ice, and water to make an iced americano whenever I like!)

Note: Natural Bliss Creamer is an all natural creamer with the perfect proportions of cream to sugar.  It has no funny ingredients or hydrogenated oils like other creamers do!  



Directions:
1)  Add approximately 10 mint leaves into the bottom of your cup.  Muddle them to release the flavor.
2)  Add 1/3 cup espresso
3)  Add 1/3 cup water and 1/4 cup natural bliss creamer.
4)  Enjoy with ice cubes and a straw :)




It tastes even better while working on your "apartment garden"

 
I think I need to plant mint now so that I have access to this drink 24/7!

EDITED TO NOTE:  I tried just making an iced americano (cold water and cold espresso) ans adding mint - it was incredible!!!  And has no calories or fat!  :)

8 comments:

  1. Awesome! just tried this today at Philz and it is absolutely awesome, the best part is that I can make it at home now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh...I'm in the same situation ('while I wait to go back to the bay for this...') as you; thanks for sharing your recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so so so excited to make this and I bought all of the ingredients but didn't buy coffee cause I had some back at home. Turns out I drank it all up and was left with creamer and mint leaves! T^T But then I noticed my lonely bag of Twinings English Breakfast Tea and substituted instead.
    I am now a very satisfied somebody with a glass of iced Minty Milk Tea :3
    *but I'm totz gonna use coffee next time I get some :3
    -Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just moved down to Los Angeles from the Bay area and miss Philz Coffee terribly! This recipe is heaven sent. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had my first Philz Mint Mojito Iced Coffee on Tuesday, my second and third on Wednesday, today back in Boulder where there are no Philz, hence looking for the recipe:) Hope this works!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO good! I am from NY state and tried one from Philz in SF last week and I devoured it in seconds. Thanks for the recipe - can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had this drink once and it was AMAZING. No Philz Coffee shops in northeast WI, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! this totally just made my day! I visit the only Philz in Southern Ca in Santa Monica and I am absolutely hooked on this mint mojito iced coffee. I can't wait to try it at home!

    ReplyDelete